Room Booking Systems
It’s a known truth right across the world of business, that the need to remain relevant is vital and ever-present. This is important in every aspect of a business, but in no area is it more crucial than in customer-facing systems.
Changing customer habits and new technological opportunities mean that systems and workflows must ensure they keep up to maintain their relevance.
For single and multiple venues that hire out rooms and spaces, moving their booking systems to an online platform is perhaps the most important element of this change to get right. The booking system is that crucial way in which a customer interacts with your venue, and having the right system can mean the difference between keeping and losing customers.
How will Hallmaster International help…
The Booking Officer:
- Provides real time room availability
- Receives 24/7 provisional bookings (these need to be confirmed by you)
- Checks for and flags up double bookings
- Can easily add and manage frequent customers and their bookings (and Invoices*)
- Automated booking confirmations
- Multiple administrator access to maintain hall management when an administrator is away
- Simple and seamless website integration within your own website
- Creates reports on the occupancy and booking trends within the venue
- Environmentally friendly – Hallmaster International reduces the paper consumption of an average hall by 60%
The Event Organiser:
- Is provided with their own account where they can view their own bookings (and Invoices*)
- Is capable of making a Booking Request from the Hallmaster calendar (if enabled) This Booking Request is then immediately sent to the Booking Officer to be confirmed
- Up to date availability, contact details and venue information of the event is displayed 24/7 (Only when set to Public)
- Is able to hide events when they are set to Private
- Is allowed to promote their own website or social media page
The Local Community:
- Public events are displayed via the Hallmaster International add ons such as the Calendar, Schedular and Agenda Screens. Each of these add ons can be seamlessly integrated into a community website.
- This increased level of information on the community website enables a more vivid representation of the event, therefore reducing the volume of unnecessary calls to the Booking Officer.
Why Use an Online Room Booking System?
The great variety of venues working in the world of room hire means that there has been an equally great variety of booking systems in use. For generations, depending on the venue, booking systems have taken the form of pen and paper diaries, calendars, or spreadsheets.
The problem with all of these systems is their inability to adapt to changing customer needs. On top of this, they also function differently depending on the kind of room that is being hired out; if your venue hires out multiple different kinds of rooms, for example, then your customers are potentially faced with different types of booking systems for the one venue, all of which are unconnected, work differently, and take time to navigate.
An online booking system can adapt for each booking, creating curated bookings tailored to each new customer and booking. Say goodbye to double or dropped bookings, and hello to automated, personalized service every time.
Let’s look at some examples of how this can benefit different kinds of rooms.
If your venue hires out conference rooms for example, then a booking system would need to accommodate different kinds of clients, all of which will use the space differently.
Will they need extra equipment or peripherals such as projectors, whiteboards, extra chairs or tables, etc? An online booking system can adapt to each client during each booking, asking these questions automatically and creating a tailor-made booking for that client every time.
A similar issue is faced by function rooms when using a traditional booking system.
The same room might one day host a children’s party, while the next it may be a space for a yoga class. Each situation requires a different kind of booking, with different questions being asked. This is where an online booking system can shine.
Some of the most common bookings are made for meetings. Whether these be town hall meetings, or the local book club – each meeting requires its own room, with slightly different requirements.
A town hall meeting may need a lectern or head table, with rows of chairs, while a club meeting might want their seating arranged in a circle. Minor differences, but each client wants to know their room will be ready to their specific instructions – and an online booking system will never fail to pass that information on to the venue.
As we have all seen over recent years, the rise of online meetings has seen the demand for online meeting rooms skyrocket.
Online rooms provide the invaluable flexibility that comes with online workflows. Clients can hold meetings of all kinds remotely without needing to travel, meaning that people from all across the world can take part in the same meeting, all at once.
These most modern meeting spaces should have the most modern booking system available. Customers who are booking an online meeting expect to be able to book that meeting online also.
Why Hallmaster is the Best Booking Software for your Venue?
Now we have seen the value of an online room booking system, it’s important to find the best one for your venue. This is where Hallmaster comes in.
For over two decades, our team has been at the forefront of the innovation of online tools for businesses. Taking that experience and expertise, we have created the industry-leading venue booking software – Hallmaster.
Hallmaster balances ease-of-use with a powerful array of tools
For customers, vacant rooms can be viewed on the calendar app – embedded directly into your venue’s webpage. They can then make their booking directly without ever leaving your website or making a phone call.
For venue administrators, the dashboard provides a one-stop hub for all your rooms. From here, admins can view bookings and customers, manage multiple venues, generate reports and invoices, and even oversee entire social media promotions.
At Hallmaster we know that each room and venue needs something slightly different. Hallmaster puts the power of online workflows into your hands, to use however works best for your venue.
Want to learn more about how Hallmaster can help transform your online room booking software? Contact us today!
Our team of experts is ready to answer any questions you have, and can offer a full one-on-one demo service, explaining how to use your new software. From generating invoices and reports, to managing customers, bookings, and social media promotions – our team can demonstrate any aspect of the system you would like, to help you make the most of Hallmaster and prepare your room booking system for the future!
With our 90-day free trial, you can see exactly how Hallmaster can help your venue, with full support included, and no commitments necessary!